Pyro's Life: The Week that I never posted on. </A>

Saturday, August 07, 2004

The Week that I never posted on.

Wow, it sure has been quite a long time since my last rant. Last Friday, wow that’s like a record for me. Let me think what has happened since Friday…

Saturday, all I can remember doing is working on my room (I think). Monday, I remember going over to my grandpa’s, but not really the rest of the day. I think I called Kara on Monday, but like I don’t call her every day anyways. Anyways, no real huge anything Monday either that I can recall. Tuesday, played Dodgeball for YM and screwed up my knee again then Shaun and I worked on the basement some more. Wednesday, Kara, Lonny, Kimball and I all went to go see Napoleon Dynamite which was an extremely funny show. I enjoyed it. Then Kara and I went to the High School after the movie and fixed her schedule then wandered around trying to find her classes just for fun. Thursday we cleaned the house and Kara, Lonny, and Kimball came over later in the evening and we all talked and watched Meet the Parents.

Then came Friday…

Friday, I went to the mall and bought some pants and stuff. Then went to Bert Murdock to play with their guitars… and I found it.

I found a Gibson SG. Yes, I finally found one. I immediately asked the guy behind the counter (his name is Mckay) if I could play it and how much it was. I played while he went to find out (cause it didn’t have a price tag on it). Oh my gosh, it was so freaking amazing. Clean as can be pickups (actually, its possible to install even BETTER ones), extremely fast neck and…. Ooo…

First word that came to mind was ‘beautiful’.

The dude came back and said ‘It’s $499.99’. I almost crapped a brick in my pants. A mere five hundred dollars for a $1200 dollar guitar. He said it had been used for only about three months and had been bought by a collector. It still had the plastic cover over the pic guard… holy crap.

I instantly went out to the car and told my mom about it on the way home, promising Mckay I would return for my baby. Then I got my cash from home and put a down payment of 105 on it. I can get my guitar as soon as I come up with the other $425 that I owe on it and I gotta pay for it within three months according to their terms. So… I get one hundred for my birthday, have some ebay auctions going, and am trying to sell my other electric (ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP! I’m selling it for $130. Great condition).

After my guitar happiness, Kara, Lonny and I went to shoot pool. That was fun, Kara desperately needed to get out of the house apparently. Found a plastic spider and had fun freaking Kara out with that for a while. Making her scream is funny. Then we played air hockey and used the spider as a puck. It kinda got stuck in the goal so we made the guys fix it and kinda walked away from that machine…

Saturday, Shaun came over and we worked more on my bedroom. Then I went to my aunt Trudy’s house for this barbeque. Then we went grocery shopping. I came home, played guitar and talked to Bethany for a little bit. Now I’m in bed listening to Motion City Soundtrack. The end of my long week. Only two left till school starts unfortunately…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home