Pyro's Life: Volleyballs and Swimming Suits (with special featurette, guitar lecture) </A>

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Volleyballs and Swimming Suits (with special featurette, guitar lecture)

Got up at like eight today (again) and Kara picked me up at nine and we went to her volleyball tryouts. After that was over we walked back to her house and I was there for about twenty min or so. Saw the pictues of the night Jessie, Kara and I were drunk/high/on crack (who knows what). I don't dare disclose details here, I'll just say it involves 80's music, a broom, and some 'interesting dancing'.

*ahem* well, after that we planned on going swimming. So Kara and I got Trisha and Beth to come swimming with us. Swimming was fun. Basically just goofed off the whole time (like there is ever a time when we don't). Beth and Trish tend to be kinda closed up whenever I'm around. Bugs the crap out of me, but oh well. Not like there aren't things about me that bug them. I really am way too much of a touchy feely kinda guy. I like hugs, anyone got a problem with it? Oh well, not like I can change anything or like I'll change. Thank goodness for the people willing to put up with me. I can't see how you do it.

After being nice and crispy after swimming, I played Paper Mario with my little bro and played guitar till mutual. I really really wish I didn't have to go to mutual. I much rather would have gone to Shrek 2 with Kara, Trish, and Patrick (Kara's cousin). Going to Shrek 2 would have meant that I would have gotten to know Patrick and that would have been cool, cause he seems like a really awesome guy. Two years of guitar under your belt helps anyone look cool though. That and he complimented my Gibson SG. It's nice to find someone who can appreciate how truly awesome that SG is.

Listening to the great old stuff by Dashboard Confessionals, when it was all acoustic. Sometimes it is just great to sit down and listen to the great acoustic stuff there is. Acoustic guitarists are truly skilled because in my opinion, electric is so much easier. Most rock today is based on a mix of powerchords, cool riffs, and occasional solos. Acoustic playing tends to stay away from power chords and distortion and go back to the good old chords. Along with some really funky chords that I have never even heard of or attempted to play. I can't even tell you how to play CCD, I should probably learn though. It all comes with time.

Anyways, for those of you who are stuck in 'power chord hell' (a stage most newbie guitarists run into, where they play nothing but powerchords), pick up an acoustic guitar and remember how awesome that thing can sound. No kick butt amp or pedal required.

For those of you who dont even play guitar, pick one up. Or learn the drums, because the world is always in need of a good drummer too.


Donations are greatly appreciated. My guitar will love you forever




-Shane


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home