Pyro's Life: Top 5 CDs of All Time </A>

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Top 5 CDs of All Time

NP- Give Me Novacaine
by Green Day

Got thinking, and decided to post a list of my top 5 CD's ever. Keep in mind this is in no particular order (other than alphabetical :P)

5. Blink-182 (self titled)
Really shows off the new Blink, which I prefer a lot more. They've really seemed to grow up a little in this one. Of course, they still have their anthems like Feeling This, but overall, much more mature. I especially enjoy Stockholm Syndrome and Down. Many great tracks on this CD which make up a great story.

4. Deja Entendu - Brand New
Amazing CD with extremely deep lyrics that cover a very broad range of subjects. Also shows the mature side of Brand New (even though their first CD was awesome as well). This CD is one that makes me think. This has also been one CD that has totally influenced my playing style. Brand new takes your basic booring power chords and comes up with some unique riffs and very unique methods of playing. They have this 'blusy' kinda feel to them and I absolutely love the bass line in Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades. The lyrics have an emotion to them that is undescribable... oh how I love this CD.

3. Across A Wire: Live In New York City - Counting Crows
This is the best live album I have ever heard. There's tons of songs on here that I love so much more then the studio recorded versions. Infact, there isn't a studio recorded song that can beat the live album. Has an entire CD dedicated to acoustic, while the other is another amazing concert. Counting Crows has a great way of writing lyrics that is very emotional and heartfelt.

2. American Idiot - Green Day
I was skeptical about this a little, I'm very much a republican voiced kinda guy and I didn't want this to be some stupid liberal bash, but this thing freaking rocks. Amazing lyrics with a sence of depth to them and the two nine minute balads Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming are amazing. Has some of my favorite songs of all time on here as well. Great new direction for Green Day.

1. North - Something Corporate
My favorite of the three CD's. This really tells a story about being away from home and all the stories inbetween. Amazing CD with the best lyrics ever. Break Myself is an awesome song and the haunting balad of Me and The Moon is breathtaking. What can I say, it's Something Corporate

Looking through my CD's, I now see I missed a ton of deserving bands, but am too tired to rant on. But the honorable mentions go to Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance, I Am The Movie - Motion City Soundtrack, Leaving Through The Window - Something Corporate, Page Avenue - Story Of The Year, Chuck and Does This Look Infected- (both by) Sum 41, The Beautiful Letdown - Switchfoot, The Artist In The Ambulance - Thrice, War All The Time - Thursday, and Maladroit - Weezer.

Lola Ray rocks too, but I have only heard one of their songs :).

-Shane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home