Pyro's Life: Spastic and Tired at the SAME TIME (gasp)! </A>

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Spastic and Tired at the SAME TIME (gasp)!

NP - Fortune Faded
by Red Hot Chili Peppers
 
Time: Around one in the morning. How stupid am I?
 
Well, it's been a while since I've ranted to the three of you (including myself) who actually read this garbage. Considering that most of you switched to Myspace, I got myself one of those spiffy accounts with those yucky adveritisements all over (bleh) just so I could feel connected with the rest of the world. I really hate Myspace, just cause it's blogging software sucks. Though, the whole being connected with your buddies is cool. My only problem with Myspace is my MSN thingy freaking blocks it (darn you MSN... someone needs to write MacSN so we can make bajillions). So, I can't get on it and crap, think it will be great publicity when I can clean up some tracks and send them out to the world for everyone to critique.
 
Oh, by the way, I finally got my POD.
 
I'm a tad bit miffed though. My recording software absolutely sucks for editing (but hey, it was free). I will be tracking down a copy of Adobe Audition very very soon...
 
Second thing is that this POD doesn’t have a mod of the good old Marshall JCM-900. The ONE amp I want to snag most considering that everyone and their dogs play through them
(Something Corporate, Jack's Mannequin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, My Chemical Romance, Blink-182, the list goes on and on and on...). So now if I want to get it, I have to invest 50 bucks in a friggin' MOD pack from Line 6. Already looked on Ebay, and tried illegally downloading it, both without success. I figure 'screw that', I'm not blowing 50 bucks for a bunch of amps when I only need one more :P. Anyone cool who could somehow read this and wants to somehow send me the JCM-900 MOD, please contact me immediately so I can fulfill my quest for tone.
 
I realized I'm a huge effects junky. Both a good and bad thing. For those of you who don't know what it means, don't worry about it. Guitar thing, I like to mess with lots of effects. Amen.
 
Got my Red Hot Chili Peppers CD (finally) and have been addicted to it ever since. Those guys are absolutely awesome. Source of inspiration? I think so.
 
I wonder what a band is going to sound like with these funky inspirations from all over (that is, when things FINALLY click and I can manage to start something). Think Red Hot Chili Peppers meet Jack's Mannequin in a bar and go hang out with Something Corporate at a Brand New concert. I pray that it doesn't sound like that, cause that's going WAY over the edge.
 
Been working on some projects, I've probably given a few little samples of songs to friends of mine. I apologize for the acoustic tracks, but when you're recording your acoustic guitar through a 35 dollar vocal microphone that your buddy's mom bought once upon a time from Radio Shack (and you stole it for a few weeks), the quality isn't amazing.
 
Anyone cool out there who is a hellofalotbetter at mixing then I am, please notify me and help me out.
 
My ultimate plan is to write my butt off and rehearse and record my butt off this summer, hopefully land a gig at the Apolo or something. Oh, actually finding other people to play with would be cool. I figure I might have to hunt down Scott and John to play for us.
 
And if that fails, so help me, I will get an EP out of my solo crap sometime.
 
Too tired to rant about me being a geek at the dance. I'll do that tomorrow when it's not one thirty in the morning. I have to get up tomorrow too... joy.
 
-Shane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home