Pyro's Life: Warped Tour (And More!) </A>

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Warped Tour (And More!)

NP-I Caught Fire
by The Used

Well, seems like I have a bit to cover since I've been procrastinating, this whole weekend has been absolutely amazing...

Friday I honestly can't recall what I did in the day, mostly just hanging out and stuff. Meg and I made plans to hang out a little bit before the Street Dance later that evening, so I went over to her place for a little while. We got to her place and took a little walk together alone around the block, which was cool to be able to be with her alone and have a conversation. I really would love to know her a lot better then I already do on a different level then I do now, so we both decided we're gonna try to learn a little more about each other. Which, I think, is a very good thing.

Anyways, after a little while of hanging out at her place, we headed down to the dance. Trish and Mariah were there and by the looks of the dance, it seemed pretty dead... So we decided that it wasn't worth the money it took to get in and headed to Yogurt Parlor. I think I was the only one who actually got Yogurt, so I shared :).

Headed back to my place, but my parents weren't home. So, we just hung out in the back yard for a while (Figured that they wouldn't want us in the house if they weren't home). Cole kept lighting things on fire, which was entertaining to watch, even better to see was him and Mollie actually talking to each other *gasp*. While Cole and Mollie were occupied, Meg and I were "occupied" as well. For lack of description, we shared an extremely amazing kiss. Things felt perfect again, like the world was going in the right direction for me again.

Trish, Beth, and Mariah came over and we all watched The Wedding Singer. Took Mariah home at 11, Meg, Cole, and Mollie home at 11:30, and Beth left a little after midnight.

Trish and I were out a bit later then that...

We went out to her car and talked about absolutely everything for over an hour, it was past one in the morning by the time she finally drove away. It's really cool to see how close we've gotten as friends and to be able to talk about anything.

Afterwards, I was up a little later doing who knows what, then I finally went to bed.

Saturday: Warped Tour

Got up round 8:45 and headed out with Trish and Mitch around 10. Mitch and I brought JM Postcards to hand out to everyone at tour cause we're on the JM Street Team. So we stood in a humongous line (the biggest line I've ever stood in) and it took us a good hour to actually get into the fair grounds.

After finally getting in, we found Beth and her and Trish watched Avenged Sevenfold while Mitch and I hunted for the JM booth and a drink. Caught the VERY end of the Thrice show (heard like 2 songs) and then searched for the JM booth some more. Checked in with Casper and took a buttload of postcards to go hand out to everyone. Went to see My Chemical Romance (Amazing show... we were too far away though, wish we could've gotten closer... Still, an amazing show.

Got more post cards and took a rest in the JM booth. Casper was amazingly awesome and said we were welcome to hang out as long as we wanted to. So of course, we handed out as many post cards as we could. He said it'd be ideal if he could get rid of all of the post cards in the box by the end of the day and I told him I thought that between Mitch and I we could get that taken care of.

Got some details from Casper about a few things. First off, Last Straw will NOT be on Everything In Transit, the flip flops will be $1 for a pair and should be here by august (he wouldn't tell me who's making them), and that he'd talked to Andrew two days before and he was up and around, said he didn't even really feel sick anymore. Which is awesome :).

As far as the other performances I heard while I was there, I saw the Transplants (not for more then a song, just wanted to see Travis), Fall Out Boy (which I left after two songs because I think they suck :P), MXPX, who put on an amazing show, Billy Idol which we were EXTREMELY close to the stage after fighting our way to the front (should have done that with the other bands). Billy's guitarist is an amazing soloist, played with his teeth and all that jazz. Billy was probably one of the best shows I saw there. Halifax also played an amazing show, though it was pretty short unfortunately. I got their guitarist's pick (which is in my wallet right now :)) and everyone seemed energetic and pumped to see them.

After deciding that I wanted to live at the JM tent (and handing out the entire box of postcards to everyone), we took a break and hung out with casper for a little while. Maverick had sent him a new iPod that day and a bunch of other stuff, which he seemed pretty stoked about. He said that we'd done the most promoting all tour long (I know that sounds like I'm talking myself up or bragging, sorry :P) and should submit an entry to become an ambassador and stuff. Considering there aren't any ambassadors in Utah yet it'll be nice to be able to be one and promote JM more. Casper gave us free T-shirts and stuff and said not to worry about helping him pack up the tent and that he could manage. So, we said goodbye and took off to see some more bands and stuff. Saw a few shows of people I hadn't heard of before (and still don't know the names of), and tour was an all around great experience (not to mention extremely hot, 110 degrees from 11 in the morning till 8:30 pm).

Our car had been towed, so it cost like 150 bucks to get it back... lesson is, don't park at Albertsons for over an hour...

Went to 7-11 and went home all nice and crispy from the day.

Sunday: I made 140 bucks from selling wands in one day. Woot.

-me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home